The 4th of July

Ray and I decided that we wanted to make a big deal out of the 4th this year since we had made plans to go camping but we ran into car trouble and with all the rain our plans kinda fizzled out. So we bought a lot of fireworks and took them up to Mantua to celebrate. I was really surprised with Logan. I thought he'd be really timid and afraid to get close to the fireworks but he was almost too interested in them and I'm afraid we might have a little pyro on our hands. Cody came up and some of his friends were camping in the area and they came to watch with us. We gave Logan a ton of snaps and sparklers to play with and I think he's hooked.

Logan having a blast with the sparkler's


After Logan used up all of the sparklers and all the snaps were gone, we pulled out all the rest of the "Utah" fireworks. It was a lot of fun for me because I have never played with fireworks, the boys usually take over and I just have to sit back and watch. Not this year. Ray thought it was so funny that I had such a blast lighting them all that he sat back for the most part and let me go crazy . . . so maybe we have two pyro's in the family . . . The best part of the night though was when Logan decided he was going to tell us all a story. He grabbed the flashlight and proceeded to tell all of us a story about werewolves and dinosaurs and polar bears. He has a great imagination is all I can say about that.

This is Logan's "serious" face as he was waiting
for all of us to be quiet and listen to his story



Every great story has to have hand gestures ;)


At this point he couldn't care less about the fireworks, he had a story to tell

1 comment:

Cami Epperson said...

Looks like fun! Chris thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks we brought back. Thanks Utah! :) We had fun with you guys too... miss you already!